Monday, September 27, 2010

MARIE


Marie works at Dunkin Donuts, Cagayan de Oro as a service crew. She is now 24 years old but earlier in life...when she was 12, she had to forcibly work her way from Lingating, Bukidnon to the city to work at the market earning P50 per day just to support the family in lieu of her father that got paralyzed at that time. Such was her initiative to bring income to the family that sent 7 other siblings to school.

During the Values formation seminar she had an emotional "outbreak" of her life story that moved everyone to tears. You know why? With her very minimal salary, she was able to make 2 other siblings (from among 7)to finish high school and is still sending the others in the elementary school. (What a big slap to my face that earned only for myself and Tobby - hahahhaha my puppy-dog).

She also broke the news that she will soon get married and was asking me as to where she could have a free wedding by a priest. Ouch!!!!! if only I am a priest, I would give her that (any priest out there who deliver such free service? heheh). When I asked her of the budget of her wedding, she uttered "P10,000". And it broke my heart again ...huhuhuhuh...You know why? I am quite ambitious in the past with how i imagined my wedding to be. I wanted such a grand wedding with all the entourage and video coverage perhaps so that i could post at facebook (joke lang...wala koy facebook). And here comes this lady that only wanted such a simple wedding taken from her and fiance's savings.

During our sessions, she may have cried for the years she had not enjoyed well her childhood years but the great fulfillment was how she had labored so hard for the family members to get the education they need (I see you now crying and i am while writing this). Added to that, she stated that it makes her happy to be able to give P1,000 for the family and buy them food from her meager income.

One more thing...this is what I learned with Marie...instead of complaining with her meager income, she even focused with her gratefulness that she has the job to support the family (for i hear a lot of people complaining and "crying" for an increment...on and on and that they are never satisfied with the amount added).

Really, the generosity of this lady named "Marie" is never outdone by what I have just started...I "woke up" much later than her. If i had not, I and Marie will not be able to meet in heaven...huhuhu (ay char lang sure nako malangit? hahahahhaha) Thank you God :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment